DURGA PUJA 2019 PANDAL HOPPING!



Hello friends, long time...how ya'll been...

Last two months, I've been nursing a leg injury. My right leg ( esp the inner knee ) has been paining like crazy specially when sitting/standing or climbing stairs. It all started when I kick-started my scooty, I felt discomfort couple of times in my ankle and later made it worse by doing some squat-walking exercises which put additional strain in my leg. Now as a result, I'm limping around. I was hoping the injury would heal; but, its been two months now, there's been no respite. My movements has been greatly reduced and I'm wallowing in self-pity and pain. I've been dreading to go to a doctor, hence, don't really know whats gone wrong in my leg/knee. If anyone had similar experience and got relief, do let me know - without suggesting me to go to some doctors. I'm scared of them :o Anyhow, to cheer up my spirits I decided to do some pandal hopping by literally hopping ( pun intended ) on one leg , as its #DurgaPuja/#Navratri time here. Since, my leg could carry only so far, the neighbouring pandals were all I could cover. Here are some of them. For me it was nothing religious, just trying to admire the various creative 'themes' these pandals were set up to. So, maybe, I missed some of the better ones..ah..well! Enjoy ~

1...

outside entrance decorations of the first pandal, at night...


this was the nearest pandal to our house...nothing fancy...


infact, I found it bit dull...the idols were placed inside the building, duh!



2...

second one was slightly better, but didn't have any elaborate entrance...



3...

this one tries to showcase assamese 'dhols' played during bihu...*me likes*


insides was good too...this place was covered in the local news as well...



4...

this one was quite big...the entrance encroaching the main road ;-)


when I saw its theme...everything was forgiven...it was dedicated to the army...


the idol inside was a single one ~ of Goddess Durga only ( slaying demons )...


the hall had lots of photographs of various army engagements over the years...


outside had pictures of #pulwama martyrs...


miniature depiction of the amar jawan and a fighter jet...
the pandal played patriotic songs which gave a very patriotic ambience...



5...

not far from the previous one, this pandal was a grand one too

Needless to say of all the pandals I visited, I liked the patriotic pandal ( dedicated to indian army ) the most; although, the idol inside was a simple one. It did stir up patriotic feelings and I could see many visitors feeling the same as I did :-) So, that's it, folks! Hope you enjoyed my pandal hopping ~ ( hopping on one foot ) :-)

  Happy Durga Puja & Navratri @Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Appreciates Precious Comments from all except Copycats!