DREAM....?



I closed my eyes shut. The familiar sound near my bed had woken me up again. It had become a regular occurance, of late. As though destined for what was to come next, I resigned myself to it, my fate. All hairs in my body, especially at the back of my neck had stood up; in fear, in helplessness. A chill went down my spine. It would happen again, and I would not be able to do anything about it.

I lay on the bed, on my side as still as I could....motionless. I could barely move, as though paralysed. I could hear it moving around my bed, until it stood behind my back, in front of the bed and then, after a few paused moments, that familiar pressure in my bed. It lay behind me slowly, as it crept up on my back, almost. I could smell a strange almost weird uneartly fragnance, spread all around me, enveloping me, and its heavy breath came upon my neck and back, making a growlish hissy sound. Dreadfully, I waited for it to get over soon, only that, time stood absolutely still. I felt my back become warm as it hugged me in its embrace. I wanted to scream out, but I couldn't. It pressed its entire form more and more into my back, as though digging onto me. It just felt all warm. I sensed danger but I also knew, it wouldn't really harm me. Bruise me perhaps, or try and make me succumb to it and gain control of me, possess me. But it wouldn't kill me, not yet. It needed me ( or any human ) alive, so that these nightly exploits could continue; atleast, as long as it wished, or found its next prey. It needed a live human for what it was trying to do, violate my body. It needed humans for its carnal(?) exploits. And, it was not a human.
This last thought, and realisation ran an alarm bell in my mind. I just could not let it happen. No! I had to resist myself...fight it out. I tried to push it, mentally; and, sensing my struggle, it grew aggresive ~ its growlish hissy breath more sinister as it grabbed me in its hold and tried to pin me down.

No...!!!! I pushed it away. It was the hardest few seconds of my life. I tried to shake my paralysed state awake, and pushed and pushed myself till atlast I managed to turn in my bed. I forced my eyes open, and 'it' wasn't there anymore. Nothing was there infact. The clock ticked away at the mantlepiece. Through the faint moonlit night, I could see it was past 3 am!! That hour...oh! I was fully awake now, and recollected what had just happened. I was all alone in my bed. Nothing else was in it. I turned around to make sure. Yes indeed, nothing was there. So, it was all a dream, or rather a nightmare I thought to myself, a sense of relief creeping into me. As I lay on my bed again and drifted off slowly, that strange unearthly smell was what I last remembered, and what had lingered on....

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Appreciates Precious Comments from all except Copycats!