MODI 2.0 = FEKU 2.0?



I remember writing a post just after the ‘#14ElectionResults. I was neither happy nor sad that #BJP won. Everyone knew about the various corruptions by #congress, so it was okay for me for someone else to get a chance, although, I personally didn’t like #Modi. I was rather indifferent. However, I had hoped Modi would fulfil all the promises he made ( he had surely made a lot ) – who can forget ~15 lakhs in everyone’s account from the #BlackMoney he brought back from abroad ( within 100 days, his party promised ); 2 crore jobs per year; all illegal #Bangladeshis out and many more such – acche din. However, within a few months of coming to power, he started doing U-turns and I noticed him only going abroad or campaigning during various elections. He did his #MannKiBaat monologues, and seemed to appear all the time on TV ( although, he never did any interviews/press conference; just marketing and propaganda stuff ); I wondered, when did he actually work. Then came #demonetization/ #GST and pushing the #aadhaar down our throats; the soaring fuel prices ( that mysteriously paused only during election times ), the slumping of economy ( but fudging of data ), and many such unpopular measures; the lynchings and growing hate crimes towards #muslims, #dalits etc, violence against women ( and his eerie silence in all of these ); not to mention, the growing turmoil in #JK and attacks on our armed forces ( by both terrorists and #naxals ) which increased many folds. So much for him & his party claiming that the country was safe under him.

We all saw the 4 Supreme Court judges coming out, #RBI and #CBI dramas, the controversial Citizen Ammendment Bill #CAB, #Rafale controversy, the throttling of free press, but, pampering of its paid ( godi ) media ( the likes of Republic TV/ TimesNow, ZeeTV etc anyone? ); increasing NPAs, and the fleeing of bank fraudsters under his watch ( mallya, nirav modi, lalit modi and many more ), and what not. So, well, my grudge and annoyance against everything Modi, grew leaps and bounds every passing day. He just proved nothing more than a ‘#feku’ and ‘#jhumlebaaz’ as twitter rightly trended him.

Now, just because I criticised him, people thought I was a Congress/ #RahulGandhi supporter. This couldn’t be further than the truth. I have not seen any of #RaGa's work- he never even held a ministerial post, so, I hardly knew him except for his family background. Unlike Modi, who criticised #Nehru all the 5 years, for his own failures, I didn't criticise the congress simply because it wasn't in power ( I had criticised it when it was in power ). When it is no longer making the rules, it didn't make sense to criticise it, hence, my focus was on the ruling party - as it was their decisions which currently affected us all. Well, modi-#bhakts would simply not understand this logic, or they are simply paid to #troll any modi-critic as a congressi; or better still, #AntiNational, #UrbanNaxal, #CompulsiveContrarian and what not, just to divert attention. Anyways, like I said, I am not a congress supporter, heck, I don't support any party at all. ( It'd be hard to criticise them if I did, no? ) But, having seen the BJP’s mis-rule this past five years, I have been of late preferring any party ( yes any, duh ), other than them, at power. Infact, I’d have wanted a coalition – where everyone kept the other in check, rather then power going into only one's head - like is the case with current BJP. That said, we all know what happened. The #2019Electionresults!

BJP won. As someone rightly said, it was a race between a #Ferrari and few bullock carts. The amount of money spent in this election by BJP has been unprecedented. And all their violating of rules like the MCC, their stealthily & illegally launching of NamoTV etc. It was simply not an election where everyone had a level playing field. If during '14 results I saw people rejoicing, then in this '19 results, I saw people stunned. The EVM did the trick? Oh well....

I'm not expecting anything different this time, only anticipating far worse. Don't know where we go from here. I can only hope against hope, that the person at the helm atleast acts his age...and not behave like a 'feku' he did past 5 years! Phew! alas...kintu...parantu....sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Appreciates Precious Comments from all except Copycats!