9TH ZEE JAIPUR LITERATURE FESTIVAL 2016


¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸
Here's my own Story and why I wish to be there ~

I am a blogger with two blogs, and most of my time is spent creating content for them. I haven’t kept my blogs strictly 'niched', hence, I’m free to write whatever I want, without anything stopping me. Be it writing fiction, poetry, covering events, doing product or book reviews, travel writing or any random creative outbursts etc, my blog has seen it all. So, one can imagine how addicted I am to writing. Not just a writer, I'm also an avid reader. I simply love books, and it has always been my desire to meet or hear the authors ‘live’, whose book I have read or reviewed on my blogs. Thanks to my blogs, I have covered quite a few book launches and literature based meets as well, and that has given me great insights into the world of publishing ~ the creativity, the struggles, the successes, and also the failures; not to mention the lavish praises or bitter criticisms the authors face, and the behind-the-scenes during promotions & marketing! And as anyone else, I always get inspired for more knowledge. I always yearn to witness the bigger thing, than the last covered; and what can be bigger in the world of literature than the much acclaimed and famed Zee Jaipur Literature Festival itself? After all, who wouldn't want to rub shoulders with the who's who of the literary world, right at the most happening place i.e the festival grounds? I definitely would.

I’ve been hearing about the Zee Jaipur Lit Fest event since many years now, and last year, I couldn’t help but froth with envy when one of my blogger friends said very proudly to me, that she had attended the Jaipur Lit’15. She spoke of all the sessions she attended, very enthusiastically; and I could only just hear her boast away, with my mouth gaping wide in awe. Since then, I had decided, come what may, I’ll definitely try to cover this one, some day.

Well, why just some day, my conscience pinged at me. Why not this time itself i.e the one to be held in Jan 2016, it prodded. And as tempted as I got, I registered myself for the media/press accreditations, the Festival folks were giving out. With me now receiving fresh updates too, about the various aspects of this festival in my inbox regularly, my interest has only been getting more and more spiked everyday, and by many folds.

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸

Let me share some of the main reasons ( & attractions ), why I want to attend this literary extravaganza. And also, due to the interesting updates that I’ve been receiving so far about it, I have almost booked the festival-dates mentally already! I only hope fervently now, to also be physically there as well. My fingers are crossed.

So, here are the reasons ~

1. The festival is robust, with a heady mix of international as well as national literary gems. Nobel laureates, local language writers, Man Booker prize winners, debut novelists etc with constant flow of ideas, interactive workshops, readings, talks and debates demonstrating the laurels of literature; and not to mention live music sessions too - the whole event is like a celebration of literature. Greatest writers, thinkers, journalists, historians, poets, novelists and musicians! Who wouldn't want to be there, to soak in all the richness, that too in a city like Jaipur ( in the historic Diggi Palace Hotel ), known for its rich heritage and culture. I certainly would not want to miss it. It’s time for the bloggers to join in too :-)

2. It's a completely free and open for all event. One more delightful reason to just simply register and join in! I love events that welcome all! So, be early to register before it gets house-full - here - http://jaipurliteraturefestival.org/registration
For special interaction with the literary heavyweights though, one might need to buy a special delegate pass, and visit as 'Friends of the Festival'.

3. As mentioned already about who's going to be there - 165 world-class Indian and international authors; making it a spectacular line-up, who will contribute to this event. Some of the jaw-dropping names included are - the legendary Margaret Atwood, Ruskin Bond, Steve McCurry, Harvard historian Niall Ferguson, novelist Anjum Hasan, English journalist Lucy Hawking and Britain’s national treasure Stephen Fry. Hold on, there's more like French Economist and global voice on wealth and income inequality Thomas Piketty, Bosnian American fiction writer Aleksandar Hemon, Israeli author and peace activist David Grossman, among others. Check out the Jaipur Lit site for the whole schedule and speakers!

4. The Jaipur BookMark conference ( for 2 days, at the Narain Niwas Palace Hotel ), running parallel to the festival, is also something to look out for. It is an important business and networking opportunity for everybody working in the books and publishing industry.

5. Not just books, there's celebration of art too, in the form of the 'Ojas Art Award 2016', that recognizes the best artists working in tribal and traditional art. As an ardent admirer of art, it only makes me go ~ WOW, can't miss this!

6. In the five days of the festival, one can not just enjoy the happenings inside the venue, but also outside of it i.e. by visiting the nearby attractions. Jaipur is dotted with a cluster of magnificent forts, museums and palaces. Get the regal shopping experience of antique jewelry, traditional jootis and fabrics. Or indulge in the mouthwatering Rajasthani cuisines like Lal Maas, Dal Batti, Kachori etc, the Festival is sure to leave everyone with tonnes of delightful and enriching memories..

And, I simply can't wait to be there.....
I’ve dreamt and yearned for it all,
To be there in the midst of it all,
Wherein, the greatest of minds and talents meet,
To cherish and savour it all ~
the Zee Jaipur Lit.

About The ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival : [ PR ]
Writers and festival directors William Dalrymple and Namita Gokhale invite authors from around the world to take part in the 5 day programme set against the stunning cultural heritage of Rajasthan in the Diggi Palace in Jaipur. Equality and democracy runs through the festival’s veins placing the greatest literary minds, humanitarians, historians, politicians, business leaders, sportspeople and entertainers from all walks of life on stage together. This free and democratic access to our greatest thinkers and writers is powerful statement in a country where access to world leaders is still the privilege of a few, and creates a potentially life-changing opportunity for audiences from Rajasthan, across India and around the world to rub shoulders.

The festival is a flagship event of Teamwork Arts who produce 24 festivals around the world, led by Sanjoy K. Roy and Sheuli Sethi. In 2015 the ZEE Jaipur Literature Festival extended to bring this unique formula to audiences in London (Southbank) and Boulder Colorado.

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸

❤❀❤
( Images - Jaipur Lit )
Stay Connected & Follow my Updates on the blog's GFC | GOOGLE+ | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | NETWORKEDBLOGS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Appreciates Precious Comments from all except Copycats!