HOUSING.COM - LOOK UP STORIES


HOUSING.COM - LOOK UP STORIES
¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸

I take evening walks every day from 5:30 to 8pm. My route is the same one that I take. And every day, I pass by the same set of evening walkers. One day I was a bit tired, or rather lets say 'feeling lazy', and so I slowed down my speed. There was a bench nearby, so I sat a while looking at other people as they walked past me. Just opposite my bench, there was another bench ( a small lane ran in between ), and I spotted two females on it. One of them was perhaps just like me, tired or lazy; so she didn’t want to walk again. But the other one, stood up shakily and urged her ( the one like me ) to get up as well. Shakily, I observed, because she had walking-support in both her legs, and held two walkers in her hands as well. I looked more closely, and noticed that her legs were somewhat deformed. She was physically incapacitated. Yet, she was the one urging the other to get up and complete the walk. I looked numbly at them, as they then took quite a few rounds slowly. The enthusiasm was clear in her face. She loved those walks, even though she was physically handicapped. It brought tears in my eyes seeing her struggle with each step. In comparison, how merely feeling little tired, I had stopped in my tracks to rest. That girl taught me a very important lesson that day. Lesson of optimism. Even though she is struck with a tragedy, her urge to walk hadn’t subsided. In the days that followed, I came across her regularly. Why she has that urge? Obviously, she hopes to get better. So, definitely in her dreams she sees a better future. I hope she gets one.

It reminds me, how during my stint at a corportate ( when I had just passed out of college ), I knew a similar person named Amar. He had polio in one of his legs, so he used similar walking support ( like that girl ). He was a very bright student and had topped in his institute. But he never let his physical handicap, handicap his life! The bright smile that he always flashed, would cheer up anybody who was feeling gloomy, like I usually did, during those days. That was a phase when my father had just got transferred back to our hometown and I was left without a roof over my head. I stayed briefly at my friend's place and then a hostel. But home was a home. I yearned for a roof of my own. Those days, there were those middle-men who charged some hefty amount for a house deal. I approached several of them and went through heavy loss as well. It was a depressing period in my life. How I wished, everyone didn’t just look for their own profits ( like those middlemen did ), and searching a house was helped out by people in real-estate business who really cared. Of course, those days there was nothing like Housing.com, to turn to, who would really understand what we were looking for. Thank God for sites like these, where one can check out so many options.

Coming back to the story of Amar, there was a girl named Seema who had newly joined the office and worked under him, as his assistant. Working together so close, I was surprised and very happy to see sparks fly between them. Even when I was going through upsetting times, their little romance budding in the office itself would make me smile wide. I was so happy that Seema wasn't prejudiced in her outlook. She didn’t see Amar’s physical handicap, but rather appreciated the wonderful man that he was. Her caring attitude lit up Amar's face with optimism everyday. Needless to say, they were planning to take their relationship to the next level. Seeing them made me very optimistic too. Later, I left that place to pursue other dreams, but I kept in contact with the lovely couple. I had even attended their wedding and was part of their house-hunting plans. The mere thought of starting a married life together in a new house, made both their faces glow with excitement. I was so happy for them.

I got an email from Seema recently, with new updates about their life. They have two kids now and their previous house is falling a little short in size to accommodate the growing family. In her email, she asked me if I knew any real-estate dealer near my area. But you know what, I’m planning to recommend Housing.com to them. I checked out their website and they seem to be really sensitive to people's needs. And for an awesome couple like Amar and Seema, this is the best suggestion I can give. Because, the mere thought that somebody is out there so sensitive and carrying to your needs, fills you up with a sense optimism and hope for the future.

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸
HOUSING.COM - LOOK UP STORIES

❤❀❤
HOUSING.COM - LOOK UP STORIES
( Images - IB/Housing ) | People are the WHY. Look Up is the HOW. Housing is for everyone. Housing envisions a world filled with positivity. As elusive as it may seem, optimism can be found all around - in the laughter of children, in the excitement on your pet's face when you get back after a long day, and in the smile of your loved ones when you go back home after months of being away. Tell your favourite story of optimism - optimism about life, about love, about the world and its future.
Stay Connected & Follow my Updates on the blog's GFC | GOOGLE+ | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | NETWORKEDBLOGS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

This Blog Appreciates Precious Comments from all except Copycats!